Saturday, July 18, 2009

Nepal 2

Volunteering at Salyan - After our 26 hour bus ride, James decided that doing a project this remote was unfeasable. Instead of calling it a lost cause, we spend our time translating proposals for NGOs (charities).

The work ethic is so different in Nepal. If I had the rare opportunity to get my proposal translated into readable English, I would be prepared. But these guys didn't even have their computers turned on. Every day we had to wait about an hour for them to prepare work for us.


This was our view every morning













The (fictional) Nepali saftey commision has not reviewed the seatbelt laws yet. This is a 5 seater jeep. There are 4 people in the front bench, 5 in the back bench, 2 in the truck, and 8 on the roof. Notice the cliff on the right. However, with the amazing views, riding on the roof is awesome. Even, if my parents a bit nervous.




The bugs out here are nuts. I dont know what this is. I have seen 2 inch rolly pollies, 1 inch ants and the biggest spider ever inside James' shoe.




































No comments:

Post a Comment